today I want to talk to you about how to
do the Marvel film intro it can be
broken down into steps so that you can
actually, pull this off and filmora
so what I'm gonna do is move slowly
today I'm gonna go a little less
scripted than I usually do and I'm just
gonna show you how I got from the
the starting point to being able to create
this intro the very first thing I did
was I looked at the Marvel intro and
broke down into pieces what I was seeing
the very beginning of that intro seems
to be a series of what looks to be comic
strip footage like pages from comic
books so I knew the first thing I needed
to do was locate pages from comic books
or images that look like that particular
thing Disney and Marvel are super
protective of all of their copyrights so
I'm not going to be using any Marvel
images I'm just gonna be showing you how
to pull off these ideas and these
techniques using more standard licensed
images I brought those images down into
filmora
into the timeline one at a time the
the thing that we know from looking at the
Marvel intro is that it moves very
quickly now I didn't know exactly how
quickly I needed that pace so I decided
I would bring this in and start slower
knowing that I could always speed it up
later but slowing it down could be a
little tricky because sometimes when you
slow down footage it gets a little
grainy so let's bring one of these
pieces down I'm gonna stretch the
timeline out as far as it'll go
and I decided let's do five frames of
one image that's a good place to start I
snipped it and I deleted the extra all
right you can also do that by grabbing
the end of the footage as you know and
stretching it back and forth
I then brought down the second piece of
comic book art these are images not
really footage I put the cursor right at
the 5 frame mark you can right-click on
it to split it then right-click on the
remaining part in the lead you can also
do it from your keyboard if you see me
do that quickly that's all I'm doing is
hitting delete from my keyboard and then
just do this for each one
let's get 5 frames of each one thing I
should mention is you can right-click on
each of these images and click crop to
fit and it will fill up the entire
screen
okay so now I have my eight pieces of
footage that is all cut down to these
five frame segments one two three four
five six seven eight
all right now that's not gonna get me
very far especially if I speed it up if
we look at the timeline above it's only
about a second a little longer than a
seconds worth of footage once it
actually plays and that's at a fairly
slow speed but what we can do is I'm
gonna grab these and I'm gonna copy and
paste them as a bunch and the way to do
that is I'm gonna left click on the
first one I'm gonna hold the shift-tab
on my keyboard and then click on the
last one and that'll highlight all of
them then I'll right-click and I'll
Click on copy and all of those have been
copied my played is at the end so I
can hit paste and it will stick them
there let me shrink this down so I can
see a little better
I can hit paste again which is as you
see in the notation there's a keyboard
shortcuts right here control V would
accomplish the same thing right click
and hit paste or I can keep hitting ctrl
V on my keyboard and it'll just keep
adding those in another keyboard
a shortcut that can make your life easier
as you edit learning those shortcuts
ctrl V can really just make things fly
you can sit here and just keep going
ctrl V V V V V I'm holding control and
hitting V and it's adding this all in so
now I have a really long amalgamate
that's a big word I have a really long
collection of these video segments that
will just continue to play so if I go
back to the beginning, it'll just keep
playing these over and over but as you
can see the problem is that they're not
quite moving as fast as the Marvel intro
and the colours are all over the place
the one thing I did notice from the
Marvel intro there's a couple of things
here I can see just from there that the
colours are changing these clips all seem
to have a red hue and then go towards a
yellow hue and they also have what seems
to be a fade-in from black and I can see
that there's a zoom effect as these play
it's clearly starting to zoom out
so those are going to be the things I
have to figure out how to do next to the
first thing I can do is I can add colour
because these are all individual pieces
of images trying to apply sumif ektu all
of them at once won't be possible at
this stage right now let's see if we can
get the colours to do what we want now it
seemed like these started out with like
a red hue so this is a great thing we
can do is go up to media click on the sample
colours and you have all these colours
right here that you can bring down into
your timeline above your track and let
I show you how you can do this really
easy I'm gonna bring down a red now my
the whole screen turns red because as we
stack these images whatever is on top
the track that's on top always overrides
everything underneath it but if we click
on that footage and then we click on
compositing this allows us to figure out
how much of the blend we want or how
much of the other tracks we want to show
through so if I dial back the blend
suddenly I start getting a red hue to
these tracks and the trick will be
finding what the right amount is this is
where your sense of judgement and your
the eye comes into play
maybe a 70% that's a pretty decent red
and we can see as we play this
everything has kind of a red hue that
could be a little strong it's not bad
though
in the original Marvel footage it
started as red but then it kind of
quickly shifted over to like a more of a
yellow you so let's do that let's go
back up into media let's grab we have
a gradient yellow not a straight yellow
I'll bring that down and let's see what
that does
let's make sure that's connected so we
want to click on that footage and up in
the compositing lets dial that back I
think we did 70% on the other one let's
do the same 70 per cent here and now we
have a yellow hue but this is a gradient
so it's got a little red up in the
corner and more yellow down so it shifts
from a bit of an orange to a yellow one
the cool thing we can do is if we lock the
the track I'd rather have that orange down
in the lower corner and the brighter
yellow up top it just looks better to my
eye so we can lock the main track and
then we can click up here and this gives
us control over that overlay let's
that upside down oops if I can do it
cleanly see I wrestled with Fillmore I
like anyone else okay so now that looks
a little cooler right and if I didn't
want as much orange I could also stretch
this out to get more of the yellow to be
in the frame, I think that looks kind of cool
and when I went back and referenced the
other footage it went to yellow and then
I started seeing the background was a
a bit bluer this is sort of repeating
the same step and saying okay well we we
got we figured out how to do red we
figured out how to do the yellow let's
do some blue let's put some blue down
there we've got two different options
for blue, I'll try the brighter blue and
see what it looks like
well let's dial back that layer
compositing that's kind of cool
I almost feel like the blue stronger let
I try to like a 60% here see what that
does and then just take a peek and use
your eye that feels kind of blue to me
let me take a quick peek back at what we
were doing I've got red then it shifts
to yellow and then it shifts to the blue
that's in the ballpark again use your
eye tweak if you feel like the red is
too much you can always dial back the
red in the compositing feature maybe in
the yellow
maybe it deserves to be a little
stronger you can see how it affects it
if we pull it back it loses some of that
lustre but it's just using your eye I'm
gonna leave that one at 70 but the
the problem we have right now we're trying
to figure out the length of these I know
watching this video clip it starts with
red at the very beginning and that's
very brief and then it shifts to yellow
and then we have other characters come
in and there's a blue background what
I'm gonna do here is I'm just going to
stretch the blue out because I know
there are other elements of superheroes
that are gonna be superimposed at this
point and I'll just take it to the end
that's much more footage than we need
but we can cut it down later another
the issue that I'm seeing is in the Marvel
do the Marvel film intro it can be
broken down into steps so that you can
actually, pull this off and filmora
so what I'm gonna do is move slowly
today I'm gonna go a little less
scripted than I usually do and I'm just
gonna show you how I got from the
the starting point to being able to create
this intro the very first thing I did
was I looked at the Marvel intro and
broke down into pieces what I was seeing
the very beginning of that intro seems
to be a series of what looks to be comic
strip footage like pages from comic
books so I knew the first thing I needed
to do was locate pages from comic books
or images that look like that particular
thing Disney and Marvel are super
protective of all of their copyrights so
I'm not going to be using any Marvel
images I'm just gonna be showing you how
to pull off these ideas and these
techniques using more standard licensed
images I brought those images down into
filmora
into the timeline one at a time the
the thing that we know from looking at the
Marvel intro is that it moves very
quickly now I didn't know exactly how
quickly I needed that pace so I decided
I would bring this in and start slower
knowing that I could always speed it up
later but slowing it down could be a
little tricky because sometimes when you
slow down footage it gets a little
grainy so let's bring one of these
pieces down I'm gonna stretch the
timeline out as far as it'll go
and I decided let's do five frames of
one image that's a good place to start I
snipped it and I deleted the extra all
right you can also do that by grabbing
the end of the footage as you know and
stretching it back and forth
I then brought down the second piece of
comic book art these are images not
really footage I put the cursor right at
the 5 frame mark you can right-click on
it to split it then right-click on the
remaining part in the lead you can also
do it from your keyboard if you see me
do that quickly that's all I'm doing is
hitting delete from my keyboard and then
just do this for each one
let's get 5 frames of each one thing I
should mention is you can right-click on
each of these images and click crop to
fit and it will fill up the entire
screen
okay so now I have my eight pieces of
footage that is all cut down to these
five frame segments one two three four
five six seven eight
all right now that's not gonna get me
very far especially if I speed it up if
we look at the timeline above it's only
about a second a little longer than a
seconds worth of footage once it
actually plays and that's at a fairly
slow speed but what we can do is I'm
gonna grab these and I'm gonna copy and
paste them as a bunch and the way to do
that is I'm gonna left click on the
first one I'm gonna hold the shift-tab
on my keyboard and then click on the
last one and that'll highlight all of
them then I'll right-click and I'll
Click on copy and all of those have been
copied my played is at the end so I
can hit paste and it will stick them
there let me shrink this down so I can
see a little better
I can hit paste again which is as you
see in the notation there's a keyboard
shortcuts right here control V would
accomplish the same thing right click
and hit paste or I can keep hitting ctrl
V on my keyboard and it'll just keep
adding those in another keyboard
a shortcut that can make your life easier
as you edit learning those shortcuts
ctrl V can really just make things fly
you can sit here and just keep going
ctrl V V V V V I'm holding control and
hitting V and it's adding this all in so
now I have a really long amalgamate
that's a big word I have a really long
collection of these video segments that
will just continue to play so if I go
back to the beginning, it'll just keep
playing these over and over but as you
can see the problem is that they're not
quite moving as fast as the Marvel intro
and the colours are all over the place
the one thing I did notice from the
Marvel intro there's a couple of things
here I can see just from there that the
colours are changing these clips all seem
to have a red hue and then go towards a
yellow hue and they also have what seems
to be a fade-in from black and I can see
that there's a zoom effect as these play
it's clearly starting to zoom out
so those are going to be the things I
have to figure out how to do next to the
first thing I can do is I can add colour
because these are all individual pieces
of images trying to apply sumif ektu all
of them at once won't be possible at
this stage right now let's see if we can
get the colours to do what we want now it
seemed like these started out with like
a red hue so this is a great thing we
can do is go up to media click on the sample
colours and you have all these colours
right here that you can bring down into
your timeline above your track and let
I show you how you can do this really
easy I'm gonna bring down a red now my
the whole screen turns red because as we
stack these images whatever is on top
the track that's on top always overrides
everything underneath it but if we click
on that footage and then we click on
compositing this allows us to figure out
how much of the blend we want or how
much of the other tracks we want to show
through so if I dial back the blend
suddenly I start getting a red hue to
these tracks and the trick will be
finding what the right amount is this is
where your sense of judgement and your
the eye comes into play
maybe a 70% that's a pretty decent red
and we can see as we play this
everything has kind of a red hue that
could be a little strong it's not bad
though
in the original Marvel footage it
started as red but then it kind of
quickly shifted over to like a more of a
yellow you so let's do that let's go
back up into media let's grab we have
a gradient yellow not a straight yellow
I'll bring that down and let's see what
that does
let's make sure that's connected so we
want to click on that footage and up in
the compositing lets dial that back I
think we did 70% on the other one let's
do the same 70 per cent here and now we
have a yellow hue but this is a gradient
so it's got a little red up in the
corner and more yellow down so it shifts
from a bit of an orange to a yellow one
the cool thing we can do is if we lock the
the track I'd rather have that orange down
in the lower corner and the brighter
yellow up top it just looks better to my
eye so we can lock the main track and
then we can click up here and this gives
us control over that overlay let's
that upside down oops if I can do it
cleanly see I wrestled with Fillmore I
like anyone else okay so now that looks
a little cooler right and if I didn't
want as much orange I could also stretch
this out to get more of the yellow to be
in the frame, I think that looks kind of cool
and when I went back and referenced the
other footage it went to yellow and then
I started seeing the background was a
a bit bluer this is sort of repeating
the same step and saying okay well we we
got we figured out how to do red we
figured out how to do the yellow let's
do some blue let's put some blue down
there we've got two different options
for blue, I'll try the brighter blue and
see what it looks like
well let's dial back that layer
compositing that's kind of cool
I almost feel like the blue stronger let
I try to like a 60% here see what that
does and then just take a peek and use
your eye that feels kind of blue to me
let me take a quick peek back at what we
were doing I've got red then it shifts
to yellow and then it shifts to the blue
that's in the ballpark again use your
eye tweak if you feel like the red is
too much you can always dial back the
red in the compositing feature maybe in
the yellow
maybe it deserves to be a little
stronger you can see how it affects it
if we pull it back it loses some of that
lustre but it's just using your eye I'm
gonna leave that one at 70 but the
the problem we have right now we're trying
to figure out the length of these I know
watching this video clip it starts with
red at the very beginning and that's
very brief and then it shifts to yellow
and then we have other characters come
in and there's a blue background what
I'm gonna do here is I'm just going to
stretch the blue out because I know
there are other elements of superheroes
that are gonna be superimposed at this
point and I'll just take it to the end
that's much more footage than we need
but we can cut it down later another
the issue that I'm seeing is in the Marvel
Download pack intro
Download text font
DOWNLOAD
introit transitions from the red into
the yellow and into the blue and with
putting these colours right on top they
just break they go from red and then
immediately when it hits the yellow it
goes into yellow and that's not exactly
what we want is a
transition so the way we handle that is
go into our transitions
and let's find the dissolve it's right
that a minute I type it into this box
it's a quick way to find your
transitions faster this little box up
here lets you search you don't have to
scroll through if you know the name of
the transition type it in it'll pull it
up let's bring it dissolves down from red
to the yellow and let's bring another
dissolve down from the yellow to the
blue and we'll stretch this out to see
if we like the pace is it too fast is it
too slow I see the red there's a
transition and the yellow looks pretty
good it's pretty smooth and the
transition into blue looks pretty good
and now what I want to do is I have to
consider the next step which is in this
video you can see it came faded in and
there's a zoom effect so to achieve that
phase I'm gonna need to export that and
come back to it we call this a bounce
when we take what we have sent it out
and then bring it back into film so
let's do that let's export this footage
I'm gonna call this my Marvel internal
balance so I can spell bounce and what
you want to do here there's no sound so
I don't care about the audio settings I
want to get this up to a slightly higher
framerate I wanted it 30 frames per
second and the bitrate will really tell
a lot about the clarity it doesn't have
to be super clear but the stock 8,000
kbps is no good for me I'm gonna boost
that up for 40,000 kbps
because I want a pretty crisp image
because I'm gonna take it out and bring
it back in so that's a higher resolution
the bounce we're doing let's figure out
where we're bouncing that to make sure
you know where you're sending things to
and send it out
the more things I ask filmora to do the
slower it's going to move that's true of
any video editing software I would save
this because I may want to come back and
adjust it so I'm gonna save this project
as I'm gonna call it the intro step one
so now I'm going to create a second
project and in the second project what
I'm gonna do is I'm gonna go back to the
video sections so it was Marvel intro
bounce let's grab that let's bring it in
and then let's bring that down to our
timeline
see how it's sort of moving down here
that's filmora
working through the high-definition
clips let that motion finish in your
timeline and then we can start working
with it the first thing I want to do is
we knew that this footage probably
wasn't the right speed let's get this
speed adjusted that's a little slow so
to get the speed we want let's
right-click on the footage let's click
on speed and duration, you can use either
the slider or punch in the numbers
yourself but I'm gonna put two that'll
double the speed and let me see what
that looks like that looks a lot closer
to what I was thinking the intro should
look like so what I would say from here
is that looks pretty good I like this
the other thing that we noticed looking
at the Marvel, intro footage is that
there is this zoom effect
so right-click on your footage click on
crop and zoom then click on pan and zoom
and now we know it was sort of zooming
out not in the default setting is out
meeting the start screen is big and then
the interior screen where it ends is
smaller meaning that would zoom it in
but we want the opposite effects so
let's go down here click the reverse
arrows and it now swaps and makes the
bigger panel the end and the centre
panel the start I want to start fairly
close let's shrink that down a little so
somewhere in the middle here let's hit
OK and let's see what that looks like
well now that kind of gives us our zoom
effect out though this zoom doesn't
seem as intense as the zoom in the
Marvel intro and that may be because
I've got a lot of footage so it's doing
this zoom over a very long period of
time here so what I can do is I can
actually, snip this right at a change
let's pick oh right right when I see a
the change let me pan this out I'm gonna
move frame by frame there's a change
right there and I'm gonna clip the
footage now when I clip the footage when
I have put a zoom effect onto the entire
clip what that does is it puts the zoom
effect on each section meaning this
the first section will zoom out tool the
split point and then it'll start again
and zoom out again I think that achieves
the effect that I want I start to close up
and then it zooms out and creates this
the effect so all of this I'm liking so far
now I notice that there was a fade-in
from the beginning a fade in from black
but what you do that is clicked on one
piece of footage and you can either go
to the last piece of footage hold shift
on your keyboard and click and it'll
highlight everything in between or you
can click on your piece of footage hold
ctrl and then click on other pieces of
footage that will allow you to move
multiple pieces of footage at the same
time good little tip for when you have a
a lot of pieces of footage and you're
trying to stick something in the middle
a great way to get there so we're
talking about doing that fade in from
black now here's what you can do that
let's go back up to
Media and see these sample colours again
let's grab black and let's bring that
down and put it in the space we created
it only needs to happen very briefly so
let's shrink that way down the two
pieces of footage bring them back in so
it goes black right into our footage and
what do we know just like we did with
the other we want that to sort of
dissolve into it so let's click on our
transitions and we've already got the
dissolve feature pulled up because I
used it last it still has D is up in the
the search box up here so all I see
dissolve let's bring a dissolve down and
let's place it right between the black
footage and the first piece of the comic
strip footage it paused there I don't
like the way it pauses did you see that
there's a way to get around this and
that is you can either dissolve in just
from the black footage like this and
sometimes that'll work
nope it's giving us a hard one or you
can put it on the other side sometimes
that works as well that seemed to do the
a trick I the black was too long at the
the beginning though let's trim it down a
little I can always trim it down more in
pulse but let's take a little bit of
that black off take the beginning part
and if you hold shift delete it'll
remove that piece and move everything
back it's up that's your ripple delete
or you could equally just go right-click
and then ripple delete and it'll do the
the same thing so now we have this let's
take a peak we go from black and it
dissolves into that footage and I'm kind
of liking where this is going, it's
starting to feel like the Marvel clip to
me so there's a lot of good things going
on here I like what that's doing the
only another thing I've noticed is that
there is a vignette on this section if
you don't know what a vignette is it's
that ability to turn the outside corners
a little darker
it almost frames the shot a bit and let
I show you how to do that in filmora
what you want to do is click on your
footage and then go up to colour and in
the Advanced tab click on advanced
that'll open up another window and at
the very bottom this is where you can
really get into the colour correction
which is great in film or
but there's a vignette option and what
you want to do is slide your footage in
this fader right here a little forward
in the scene so you know where you're at
past the black point, I'm in the fade
still, so let's get past the fade there
it is so that's where it's starting this
is that black fade in so let's get past
that and let's use the vignette option
you can take the amount and they'll do
different types of vignettes see that
getting darker that's a darker vignette
or you can do a reverse vignette what
actually gets lighter on the corners we
want the darker one so let's dial that
in a little bit, you can control the
the overall size of this I just want the
corners so somewhere in there is
probably good you can control the
roundness that's actually kind of the
the shape of it which is neat this was kind
of an oval that I noticed it's very
harsh see how it goes right from the
light to the dark so that's where this
feathering feature is really helpful it
sort of blends it more so we're gonna
bring that feather way up so that just
the corners are slightly dark and then
you can do things like the highlight and
exposure but I don't need to change I
just wanted to add a little bit of dark
and depth around the corners
we click on okay and now we have that
applied to this clip so here's the
settings I've used for this first clip
but I've split the clips and I actually
want that to be in my blue clip as well
that part with footage turns blue so
what I can do for these settings is hit
save as preset and name it and I'll just
call it the Marvel vignette via AG and
et te so now I can say okay I can open
up the second clip highlight that hit on
the Advanced tab presets up top I go
down to my custom presets and you'll see
the Marvel vignette you can see it gets
applied and I hit OK so let's go back
let's take a look at what we have and
we've got that intro section of
everything vignette moving in moving
quickly very cool so we want to actually
save this is going to be the bed to
which we layer other things on top of so
we'll start right here by let's save
this as we're gonna call this our intro
step two and let's export this as well
sometimes people get caught up in trying
to do one project and make everything
happen all at once like there's one
a simple button to hit and suddenly you've
got this massive effect the reality is
is that video editing is a skill it's
something you have to learn there is
technique and there's an eye that you
need to train you to need to really train
the way you see things so that you are
questioning yourself and coming up with
answers that are right for you if you'd
like me to continue this series and show
you how to make the rest of the Marvel
intro let me know down in the comment
section below
introit transitions from the red into
the yellow and into the blue and with
putting these colours right on top they
just break they go from red and then
immediately when it hits the yellow it
goes into yellow and that's not exactly
what we want is a
transition so the way we handle that is
go into our transitions
and let's find the dissolve it's right
that a minute I type it into this box
it's a quick way to find your
transitions faster this little box up
here lets you search you don't have to
scroll through if you know the name of
the transition type it in it'll pull it
up let's bring it dissolves down from red
to the yellow and let's bring another
dissolve down from the yellow to the
blue and we'll stretch this out to see
if we like the pace is it too fast is it
too slow I see the red there's a
transition and the yellow looks pretty
good it's pretty smooth and the
transition into blue looks pretty good
and now what I want to do is I have to
consider the next step which is in this
video you can see it came faded in and
there's a zoom effect so to achieve that
phase I'm gonna need to export that and
come back to it we call this a bounce
when we take what we have sent it out
and then bring it back into film so
let's do that let's export this footage
I'm gonna call this my Marvel internal
balance so I can spell bounce and what
you want to do here there's no sound so
I don't care about the audio settings I
want to get this up to a slightly higher
framerate I wanted it 30 frames per
second and the bitrate will really tell
a lot about the clarity it doesn't have
to be super clear but the stock 8,000
kbps is no good for me I'm gonna boost
that up for 40,000 kbps
because I want a pretty crisp image
because I'm gonna take it out and bring
it back in so that's a higher resolution
the bounce we're doing let's figure out
where we're bouncing that to make sure
you know where you're sending things to
and send it out
the more things I ask filmora to do the
slower it's going to move that's true of
any video editing software I would save
this because I may want to come back and
adjust it so I'm gonna save this project
as I'm gonna call it the intro step one
so now I'm going to create a second
project and in the second project what
I'm gonna do is I'm gonna go back to the
video sections so it was Marvel intro
bounce let's grab that let's bring it in
and then let's bring that down to our
timeline
see how it's sort of moving down here
that's filmora
working through the high-definition
clips let that motion finish in your
timeline and then we can start working
with it the first thing I want to do is
we knew that this footage probably
wasn't the right speed let's get this
speed adjusted that's a little slow so
to get the speed we want let's
right-click on the footage let's click
on speed and duration, you can use either
the slider or punch in the numbers
yourself but I'm gonna put two that'll
double the speed and let me see what
that looks like that looks a lot closer
to what I was thinking the intro should
look like so what I would say from here
is that looks pretty good I like this
the other thing that we noticed looking
at the Marvel, intro footage is that
there is this zoom effect
so right-click on your footage click on
crop and zoom then click on pan and zoom
and now we know it was sort of zooming
out not in the default setting is out
meeting the start screen is big and then
the interior screen where it ends is
smaller meaning that would zoom it in
but we want the opposite effects so
let's go down here click the reverse
arrows and it now swaps and makes the
bigger panel the end and the centre
panel the start I want to start fairly
close let's shrink that down a little so
somewhere in the middle here let's hit
OK and let's see what that looks like
well now that kind of gives us our zoom
effect out though this zoom doesn't
seem as intense as the zoom in the
Marvel intro and that may be because
I've got a lot of footage so it's doing
this zoom over a very long period of
time here so what I can do is I can
actually, snip this right at a change
let's pick oh right right when I see a
the change let me pan this out I'm gonna
move frame by frame there's a change
right there and I'm gonna clip the
footage now when I clip the footage when
I have put a zoom effect onto the entire
clip what that does is it puts the zoom
effect on each section meaning this
the first section will zoom out tool the
split point and then it'll start again
and zoom out again I think that achieves
the effect that I want I start to close up
and then it zooms out and creates this
the effect so all of this I'm liking so far
now I notice that there was a fade-in
from the beginning a fade in from black
but what you do that is clicked on one
piece of footage and you can either go
to the last piece of footage hold shift
on your keyboard and click and it'll
highlight everything in between or you
can click on your piece of footage hold
ctrl and then click on other pieces of
footage that will allow you to move
multiple pieces of footage at the same
time good little tip for when you have a
a lot of pieces of footage and you're
trying to stick something in the middle
a great way to get there so we're
talking about doing that fade in from
black now here's what you can do that
let's go back up to
Media and see these sample colours again
let's grab black and let's bring that
down and put it in the space we created
it only needs to happen very briefly so
let's shrink that way down the two
pieces of footage bring them back in so
it goes black right into our footage and
what do we know just like we did with
the other we want that to sort of
dissolve into it so let's click on our
transitions and we've already got the
dissolve feature pulled up because I
used it last it still has D is up in the
the search box up here so all I see
dissolve let's bring a dissolve down and
let's place it right between the black
footage and the first piece of the comic
strip footage it paused there I don't
like the way it pauses did you see that
there's a way to get around this and
that is you can either dissolve in just
from the black footage like this and
sometimes that'll work
nope it's giving us a hard one or you
can put it on the other side sometimes
that works as well that seemed to do the
a trick I the black was too long at the
the beginning though let's trim it down a
little I can always trim it down more in
pulse but let's take a little bit of
that black off take the beginning part
and if you hold shift delete it'll
remove that piece and move everything
back it's up that's your ripple delete
or you could equally just go right-click
and then ripple delete and it'll do the
the same thing so now we have this let's
take a peak we go from black and it
dissolves into that footage and I'm kind
of liking where this is going, it's
starting to feel like the Marvel clip to
me so there's a lot of good things going
on here I like what that's doing the
only another thing I've noticed is that
there is a vignette on this section if
you don't know what a vignette is it's
that ability to turn the outside corners
a little darker
it almost frames the shot a bit and let
I show you how to do that in filmora
what you want to do is click on your
footage and then go up to colour and in
the Advanced tab click on advanced
that'll open up another window and at
the very bottom this is where you can
really get into the colour correction
which is great in film or
but there's a vignette option and what
you want to do is slide your footage in
this fader right here a little forward
in the scene so you know where you're at
past the black point, I'm in the fade
still, so let's get past the fade there
it is so that's where it's starting this
is that black fade in so let's get past
that and let's use the vignette option
you can take the amount and they'll do
different types of vignettes see that
getting darker that's a darker vignette
or you can do a reverse vignette what
actually gets lighter on the corners we
want the darker one so let's dial that
in a little bit, you can control the
the overall size of this I just want the
corners so somewhere in there is
probably good you can control the
roundness that's actually kind of the
the shape of it which is neat this was kind
of an oval that I noticed it's very
harsh see how it goes right from the
light to the dark so that's where this
feathering feature is really helpful it
sort of blends it more so we're gonna
bring that feather way up so that just
the corners are slightly dark and then
you can do things like the highlight and
exposure but I don't need to change I
just wanted to add a little bit of dark
and depth around the corners
we click on okay and now we have that
applied to this clip so here's the
settings I've used for this first clip
but I've split the clips and I actually
want that to be in my blue clip as well
that part with footage turns blue so
what I can do for these settings is hit
save as preset and name it and I'll just
call it the Marvel vignette via AG and
et te so now I can say okay I can open
up the second clip highlight that hit on
the Advanced tab presets up top I go
down to my custom presets and you'll see
the Marvel vignette you can see it gets
applied and I hit OK so let's go back
let's take a look at what we have and
we've got that intro section of
everything vignette moving in moving
quickly very cool so we want to actually
save this is going to be the bed to
which we layer other things on top of so
we'll start right here by let's save
this as we're gonna call this our intro
step two and let's export this as well
sometimes people get caught up in trying
to do one project and make everything
happen all at once like there's one
a simple button to hit and suddenly you've
got this massive effect the reality is
is that video editing is a skill it's
something you have to learn there is
technique and there's an eye that you
need to train you to need to really train
the way you see things so that you are
questioning yourself and coming up with
answers that are right for you if you'd
like me to continue this series and show
you how to make the rest of the Marvel
intro let me know down in the comment
section below
